Hey Ethereum community,
We had an incredible response to the EF research internship job posting, with over 1,000 applicants from all over the world. Fortunately there are many opportunities to get involved in the Ethereum ecosystem: to learn, to contribute, and to find paid work.
We’re preparing a short guide with suggestions and recommendations, which will be sent out to every person that applied to the internship. We’d love your help to try and give every applicant the best suggestions on what to do next.
Have a suggestion to add to this doc? Leave a comment!
(No shilling please - we know it when we see it)
1. How can I learn about the ecosystem and gain skills?
* General resources
* Ethereum.org - What is Ethereum? - learn the basics, with links to material covering advanced topics
* ETHHub - community maintained resources covering wide variety of Ethereum topics
* Ethereum Foundation Youtube Channel - ethereum talks & community developer calls
* Devcon archive - archive of all videos & talks from the annual Devcon conference
* Scott Sunarto’s Working in Web3 Handbook - guide covering various topics
* [email protected] Courses - free online courses about cryptocurrency
* Finematics - video explainers for various topics in ethereum, web3, defi
* Blogs, Media, and Research
* Week in Ethereum News
* Paradigm Research
* The Defiant[a]
* The Block
* Dark Star
* Messari Research Hub
* a16z Crypto Canon
* Linda Xie’s Beginner Guides
* Tim Beiko’s AllCoreDevs Updates
* Ben Edgington’s What’s New in Eth2 blog
* Polynya – Medium
* Into The Bytecode
* The Daily Gwei
* Into The Ether
* Into The Ether
* Uncommon Core
* The Infinite Machine
* Out of the Ether
* Mastering Ethereum (free online)
* ETH.Build - educational sandbox
* CryptoZombies - solidity development tutorials
* Ethereum.org Developer Resources - comprehensive documentation for devs
* Ethereum.org Developer Tutorials - 50+ tutorials on various topics
* BloomTech Web3 Course - paid online course (applications due Dec 13, 2021)
* ETH University - hosts various educational initiatives for undergrads
* Complete Guide to Full Stack Ethereum Development - comprehensive guide from Nader Dabit
* Dapp University - free video tutorials
* Ethereum Dev Speed Run - quick getting started guide by Austin Griffith
2. How can I contribute to the ecosystem?
You don’t need to work full-time in the ethereum ecosystem[c][d][e] to be part of the Ethereum community. There are many ways to contribute before finding full-time employment - this is also a great way of finding paid opportunities.
* Write something!
* Good writing - explainers, documentation, blog posts, and yes even tweets - are a critical part of our ecosystem. There is so much to learn, explain, document, and talk about.
* Many projects that go on to change the world started with a crazy idea in a blog or forum post, and many people first got onboarded to Ethereum through a good piece of writing.
* If you feel like no one has written about something that you understand clearly, chances are you are right. Go write it!
* Join a community!
* The Ethereum ecosystem is a community of communities. There are many groups of people - ranging from DAOs to meetups to chat rooms that provide opportunities to learn, build relationships, and contribute to a project.
* Ethereum.org list of global meetup communities
* Snapshot directory - tool used by many communities for on-chain governance
* Contribute to an open-source project!
* Ethereum is built on open-source software. There are many codebases that welcome open-source contributions and have open issues[f]
* Ethereum github org - contains many core-protocol repositories
* Build something new![g]
* ETHGlobal - online and in-person hackathons
* Gitcoin Hackathons - online hackathons
* ETHDenver - upcoming in-person hackathon in Colorado, USA
* Ethereum.org list of upcoming events
3. How can I find paid work?
The ethereum ecosystem is booming. There are many opportunities to find paid work, whether that be through contract work, grants, internships, or part-time and full-time jobs.
* Gitcoin - grants, bounties, and other ways to earn crypto
* Cryptocurrency Jobs Board
* Messari Hub Analyst - apply to be an analyst in the Messari hub community
* Bankless Job Board
* Week in Ethereum - job postings in every issue
* Apply to future cohorts of the Core Dev Apprenticeship Program (TBA)
[a]Add: "The Disrupt"
[b]I think this DeFi developer roadmap seems to be very impressive and useful https://github.com/OffcierCia/DeFi-Developer-Road-Map
[c]is "e"thereum ecosystem different from the "E"thereum community? =)
[e]i'm sorry i didn't have anything more substantial 😅
[f]wondering if maybe this should be categorized by language
[g]Link to https://esp.ethereum.foundation/en/ or https://web3grants.org/