How to Teach Climate Breakdown
The science is clear
We are facing an unprecedented global emergency
We must act now
Is climate change having an impact now?
Which subject best teaches the climate and ecological emergency?
1. Climate Change has only occurred in the last 140 years.
2. How many human deaths per year does the World Health Organisation attribute to climate change?
3. What percentage of scientific evidence supports the idea that climate change is human induced?
4. How many people are estimated to die from poor air quality in the UK?
5. Each day, the world burns 100 million barrels of oil.
What’s the probable and possible future?
Teach for the Anthropocene
If teachers were teaching climate change “right” - would we be in this situation?
Communicate the urgency
Discuss system change
Encourage imagination / positive futures